Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the invisible and the unknown

Sometimes I think it's a little frustrating having a relationship with an invisible God.  Of course all of His handiwork, including ourselves, is very evident and tangible but the heart of our interaction...our communication and our thoughts, center on our invisible God.  I know that one day, in Heaven, and for all eternity thereafter we will be at the foot of His throne and I believe that we will see the Heavenly Father and Son.  But, for now, our contact is through the marvelous...but invisible...Holy Spirit.  But then I thought about all the invisibles and unknowns of my future.  I considered that I really understand very little of how life works and I absolutely cannot see and do not know the future.  I don't know how many days lie ahead or what those days will contain.  In some ways, the unknown of my life is like the greater portion of the iceberg that lies below the surface of the ocean.  I suppose one of the great miracles of life occurs when our Lord opens our heart to His reality and we invite Him in to clean us and to redeem us.  We begin a walk with the One who has known us from the time we were just an idea...when we were, ourselves, still invisible.  Through the exercise of faith and trust we have found that the invisible God hears us, cares for us, answers prayer and leads us...sometimes in spite of our best efforts to wander.  And now I realize that I need an invisible God for an unknown future.  If I can learn to trust in the invisible God I can walk peacefully and confidently into the unknown each day.  For I am not invisible to Him.
 
1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment