Thursday, February 11, 2010

the throne room

For some reason it felt different to worship the Lord last night in church.  I think it had something to do with it being Wednesday instead of Sunday.  We had missed two Sundays in a row due to severe winter weather and it truly felt good to gather and celebrate the Lord.  As we sang...the choir its anthem ("You are my all in all")...the congregational hymn ("Victory in Jesus")...and several contemporary praise songs...I suddenly had a different picture of where we were.  Instead of a church building and a church service the place became a throne room and we were loving subjects standing directly in the presence of our King.  I could picture the Lord on His throne in our midst, receiving our praise.  As I sang in the choir and looked out over the congregation my eyes were drawn to the upper part of the back wall, where there was nothing to see physically but I pictured the Lord there, seated right in our midst.  Our pastor mentioned during the service that our attitude in church shouldn't be so much about what we take from the time together, but what we bring in offerings of praise and substance.  I think much of the joy and all of the power that I felt last night came from the attitude of true worship that was being offered by the gathered group.  As I think about it, total praise and worship is the fitting response to being in the immediate presence of our King.  From now on I hope to remember that we enter the throne room of our Lord when we gather to worship.
 
Revelation 7:14b So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat;
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment