Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Psalm 27 (part 2)

What is the one most important thing...the most important thing to focus on, to have ambition for, to ask the Lord for? David addresses this question in Psalm 27. It is to live so close to the Lord that we are actually dwelling in His house. It is to make Him the object of our curiosity. It is to be satisfied beholding the works of His hands and the completeness of His truth. It is to find great peace in quietness before Him. In short, it is to center our minds and hearts in and on Him. When He is our central reality and most important relationship we can be confident that He will act to protect us from the evil that seeks to steal our hearts and focus. Knowing God is both the means and the end, just as Jesus said of Himself that He was "the way, the truth and the life." (from John 14:6)
 
Psalm 27:4 The one thing I ask of the Lord
the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord's perfections
and meditating in his Temple.
5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
he will hide me in his sanctuary.
He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
6 Then I will hold my head high
above my enemies who surround me.
At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
singing and praising the Lord with music.
 
blessings and peace,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment