Monday, February 12, 2007

Power of truth

How much we need the truth. My wife Shirley likes to watch Judge Judy on TV in the evening. Judge Judy listens to cases where one person is suing another for not paying rent or not paying for damage to a car or inappropriately using a credit card...important stuff like that. The amazing thing is that Judge Judy has so much courtroom experience that she can tell the truth about what really happened no matter what stories are told or evidence is shown. She can just read people really well. The need for truth and the power of truth runs very deep. You can tell when Judge Judy makes her final judgement, that she usually gets it right because the guilty part doesn't often protest. I thought about the power of truth in our lives to cleanse, to heal and to set free. Jesus said He was the way, truth and life. We live in a fallen world where deception, manipulation and temptation lie around every corner. Isn't it good that we can come to the one who is reliable and true. My grandfather was a brick mason. I still have the steel square he used to make sure that the corners he worked were true right angles. I think of him when I use it today because it still measures a true right angle. Truth endures.

Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.


blessings,

Rob Smith
http://2daysthought.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment