Sunday, February 4, 2007

What think ye?

Of all the freedoms we enjoy, one of the greatest is to choose what we will think about.  When we consider how many things we can really control, perhaps the only thing we really control is what we think about.  We don't control the weather, how long we'll live, how prosperous we'll be, or other peoples' driving habits.  We had nothing to do with our birth, our selection of parents, and the color of our eyes.  But we can decide how we will direct our thoughts.  There is an old expression that "You are what you eat".  It may be truer to say: "You are what you think about".  David had a close thought-life with the Lord.  In Psalm 63:6 he said  "On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night."  One thing we know: the Lord has many thoughts for us! 
 
Psalm 139:2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
                   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
              17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
                  How vast is the sum of them!  
              18 Were I to count them,
                  they would outnumber the grains of sand.
                 When I awake, I am still with you.
 
How remarkable that He would share His thoughts with us!
 
Amos 4:13 He who forms the mountains,
                creates the wind,
                and reveals his thoughts to man,
                he who turns dawn to darkness,
                and treads the high places of the earth— 
                the LORD God Almighty is his name.
 
Let's set our thoughts on Him !
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment