Saturday, April 28, 2007

a meeting place

Today I felt a need for inspiration so I drove to the ocean.  Ever since I was little, I've loved being at the beach.  Somehow I really feel a connection with the Lord there.  There are probably several reasons why.  Just being at the shoreline evokes many warm memories of family and fun playing in the sand and surf.  I love laying on the hard packed sand, just beyond the reach of the broken waves, where the continual murmur of the ocean washes over my ears and comes up through the ground to hold me like a blanket.  Watching the endless break of water, while almost hypnotizing, is also soothing and a reassurance that God is still blowing over the water and life's rhythm continues.  Today it occurred to me that as I looked at the sky meeting the ocean at the horizon and the ocean meeting the land at the shore that this is also a place where I feel the Lord meeting me.  I guess we need that personal touch from Him sometimes to remind us that everything's going to be o.k.
 
1 Chronicles 16:32 Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
       let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them!
 
Job 9:8 He alone stretches out the heavens
       and treads on the waves of the sea.
 
Psalm 33:7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
       he puts the deep into storehouses.
 
I hope you have a special place to meet the Lord!
 
blessings,
 
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment