Saturday, May 2, 2009

coming again!

One of the great hopes of the Christian is that Jesus is coming again!  We don't know when, but we are confident of the future reality that He will return.  Who knows, this could take place very soon...perhaps before spring turns to summer.  I suppose there is much controversy about the events that must occur before He comes back.  Certainly every major (and minor) news service would provide saturation coverage if they knew just when that great event were imminent.  But I thought of another kind of return that each of us can relate to on an every day basis.  "Jesus, I'm coming again", can be our plea.  As eagerly as we await His return, I believe He awaits ours just as much.  Such is our framework that it is necessary for us to come to Him once in absolute and earnest repentance and this is marks the birth of faith in our hearts.  But such, also, is the nature of our frames that we must come again for restoration, for health, for life, for a plumb line of perspective that only His presence can establish.  We may not know when Jesus is coming again to walk in our midst physically, but we need not wait to come again to Him to enjoy that sublime company that He extends to us all.
 
John 14:2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
 
1 Peter 2:25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment