Monday, June 8, 2009

unlimited access

Yesterday was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.  I took off in my little convertible to explore the "Northern Neck", the Virginia peninsula that lies between the Rappahannock and Potomac rivers.  I crossed the beautiful Norris bridge that arcs high above the Rappahannock and spotted some scenic spots fronting the river on the far shore.  I decided to try to find a place where I could drive to the river's edge.  It's a dream to one day have a cottage overlooking a lake or river and I wanted to see if there were any specific places to set my dreams on.  I found a road that wound its way through thick woods to the riverfront, but as I drove down that road I realized that all the property was "private property" with large estate-like homes that discouraged anyone who was just visiting from intruding.  To see the river, it seemed I'd have to trespass on private property.  Just then I spotted a narrow lane and looking down the lane I caught a glimpse of a screened cottage with the river beyond.  I was able to drive down the lane, park the car and walk up the driveway of a very humble place to see the grand river view beyond and my dreams were well fed.  I thought later about the access we have to our Lord.  We may dream of life with a clear view of our God and a clear sense of personal purpose.  We know that if we just see Him we will be satisfied.  Fortunately, although many have "bought in" to this view there is unlimited access to all who long for it.  You just have to drive down a narrow lane and stand on the high banks and look out into His face.  I hope you find this narrow path!
 
Matthew 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
 
John 14:5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment