Tuesday, November 5, 2013

breathing while singing

I love to sing...especially to sing worship songs. That's why being in the choir appeals so much. Your whole mind, heart and body join with your spirit in focused adoration of the Lord. The other day, as I was thinking about this, it occurred to me that at the same time we are singing we are also breathing. Of course our body must continue to function while we are engaged in the process of singing. The very same pathway that brings in fresh air and expels depleted breath is simultaneously being used in a spiritual exercise of praise and song. In a broader sense, that is how our lives are to be lived. While our physical body is going about all the necessary functions and processes of living, our spiritual side is simultaneously experiencing and expressing the presence and the purposes of the Lord! Body and soul coexist to display and to reflect and to express the reality of God through His created instrument (You and me !!).
-
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment