Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fw: Know the One who knows you

Psalm 139:
13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

-
We tend to think of our lives as "our lives"...as if we originated them and we own them.  I think it's truer to say that we "experience them" or we "inhabit them", or perhaps "we express what our maker has fashioned".  Psalm 139 has a lot to say about how well God knows us.  As the quoted section states, He was there even before we were formed and had a plan written for all of our days before the first day was lived.
-
Consider verse 13, alone.  If you ever doubt your worth remember that God, Himself, actually knitted all of the parts that comprise your body within your mother's womb.
-
And if you ever wonder if God has forgotten you consider verses 17 and 18:
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.

-
Now, do you and I think on Him?  Do we acknowledge the One who made us, gave us life, numbered our days and now thinks limitless numbers of thoughts about us?
-
Worth considering...when you consider the worth He's given you and me!
-
blessings!
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment