Saturday, July 7, 2012

living water

As I stood by the reservoir this morning the water danced below me like a living thing.  Shimmering, shaking, dancing in lines like an endless array of chorus entertainers the water stretched out almost like a hand inviting me to jump in and join some celebration.  We start our lives in the water of our mother's center and find life and water to coexist from that point on.  Our thirst is especially evident in the searing heat we are now experiencing.  Perhaps this is why the Lord uses water as the illustration for the life He brings when we allow our spiritual thirst to be quenched in Him.

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment