Sunday, April 26, 2020

Different styles of learning

We are told that people have different preferred 'channels' for learning.  Some are auditory, some visual.  Some prefer to read and others like to learn through physical activity.  When the Lord was on earth I believe He recognized this.  As prophecy was fulfilled through His healing ministry and through the working of many various miracles, which showed His rule over nature, Jesus appealed to the visual and sensory learners to confirm His divinity.  And when He spoke, He spoke truth and He spoke the words of His Father, full of wisdom and peace.  We see some of the frustrations of the disciples, even as late as the night of the last supper...they still seemed to be grappling with who He truly was.  Jesus reminds them that He has presented His origin from Heaven in various ways:
-
John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.
-
Earlier, Jesus delivered a similar message to Jews at the Temple, during the Feast of Dedication...when He also spoke of His role as shepherd of the sheep:
John 10:24 So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." 25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me.
-
Whether through works or words Jesus clearly reveals His identity and His purpose in glorifying the Father and in drawing people of faith to Himself.
-
What is your learning style?  Will your faith be awakened through Jesus' works or His words?  Or do you find little interest in learning when it comes to the things of Heaven?
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment