Wednesday, April 22, 2020

His voice

John 10:"When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
-
As a young child I remember being very excited to see my father.  When he came through the door after work we would run to him.  A special thrill were those times when my Mom took us to pick him up from the airport.  We would search the faces and appearance of all who were coming through the airport concourse and strain to see him.  When we spotted him we felt a surge of joy because to us he was our hero.  I thought he must be the most wonderful man in the world.  Out of all these busy grownups I had one who was important and who loved me in a very personal way.  And he often had some kind of treat for us...something simple like a roll of lifesavers...but somehow it became a treasure, coming from him.
-
And I always loved my father's voice.  I'm not sure that his voice was any more impressive than other voices, but I associated his voice with his love, because that was how he was with us...he spoke to us children out of love.  
-
Perhaps this is something like our bond with Jesus.  We have heard His voice of love coming from words of scripture and those words have found an intimate place of knowledge in our hearts.  We have responded to that love and openly told him about our faults and our issues and now, when we recognize Him...in nature...in His words...in the experience of others...we still run to Him.  For He truly is our hero, both now and forever!
-
blessings!
Rob Smith




-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment