Monday, May 14, 2018

Fw: Knowing God

Psalm 139 Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lordyou know it altogether.
-
We talk about the wonder of having a personal relationship with God.  We are so thankful for the price Christ paid to restore us to direct contact and intimacy with God.  This morning, as I read Psalm 139, I was reminded that God already knew and already knows absolutely everything there is to know about myself and every other human being.  I believe that what God is after is a more complete relationship....that the people He made in His image would turn and face the One who knows all about them.  Later in the same psalm we are reminded that God formed all of our inward parts and knit us together within our mothers.  He not only knows all there is to know...He made all there is to us...physically, spiritually, emotionally.  And to top it off, He knows all of our days...He knew how many days we would live before we lived our first day!
-
It only makes sense to want to also get to know this One.  Who better to come to with the pains, questions, failures and mysteries of life?  The One who made it all...also made all that there is to each of us!
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment