Monday, May 7, 2018

Fw: tree by the gate

Shirley and I were out for a stroll in Colonial Williamsburg Friday night.  When I spotted this sight of an ancient tree apparently "guarding" the door to Bruton Parish cemetery, I was struck with the symbolic picture framed by "one door through the wall", "one tree of life" even as the passage was to the place where people have long lain in rest after their earthly seasons were finished.
-
Jesus is that door in the wall and He is the tree of life, both ancient and everlasting.  Faith in Him means a soul is grafted into that tree even as the body is placed in the ground.
-
John 10:So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. ... I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
-
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
-

blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment