Saturday, May 12, 2018

Fw: work in progress

Galatians 2:19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.
-
God's plans have been a work in progress since Creation.  He set it all in motion back then, but His plan was progressive.  He never changes but His plans have unfolded with planned change.  He has stayed one step ahead of His enemy all the way through.  It looked like Satan had corrupted everything when he got to the first couple.  But God covered them with love and discipline and outsmarted the enemy over the generations by building a bridge back to man.  The bridge started with one man (Abraham) who became a large family that became a nation.  Through that family and nation He illustrated what holiness looks like and how man is unable to live to that standard.  He also illustrated bondage and deliverance through that family and nation.  As the plan unfolded He sent His only Son through that nation.  The plan reached a climax when the Son was sacrificed as a lamb according to God's law, as had been pictured by the near sacrifice by Abraham of Isaac a few thousands years earlier.  
-
This is where the plan comes back to reach every person on an individual level...just as it began with a few individuals at the very beginning.  And now we are reminded that our lives, individually, are also "works in progress"... but there is a plan for them.  We stumble and find ourselves unable to live to God's standards and God breaks through our understanding to show He has under-girded our weakness.  His plan has always been intended to play out at the most personal level, within your life and mine.  When we transfer our greatest trust from self to the Savior we are transformed.  
-
He is the same but His plans have been completed over time.  And we are all "the same", with common weaknesses and failures...but we are completed by His plan which was also completed over time.
-
The greatest love fostered the greatest plan according to the greatest mind for you and me.
-
blessings!
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment