Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Fw: trust

Psalm 56:
When I am afraid,
    put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
    in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
    What can flesh do to me?
-
When we are afraid we have come to the end of our control.  Forces that are too strong for us...circumstances that are beyond our comprehension...coming events that are beyond knowing.  It doesn't make sense at those times to trust in ourselves because we are the ones who have the limitations.  It doesn't make sense to trust in others because they neither fully grasp our fears nor have greater power or understanding than we.  (Though others may be a source of comfort and companionship).
-
We ought to trust in the one who knows beginning from end.  He has numbered our days already and understands what is happening in our lives and what is about to take place.  He is able to change circumstances, remove enemies and preserve us.
-
When God is our friend our enemies are his enemies, so let us pursue that friendship with Him that our trust will result in lasting peace.
-
Trust will lead to rest.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment