Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Fw: "Listen to me"

Isaiah 48:
12 "Listen to me, O Jacob,
    and Israel, whom I called!
I am he; I am the first,
    and I am the last.
13 My hand laid the foundation of the earth,
    and my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I call to them,
    they stand forth together.
-
The prophet Isaiah wrote after the Northern Kingdom of Israel with 10 of the 12 tribes of Israel had been carried into captivity (never to be seen again) but before Jerusalem and the Southern Kingdom had been taken into exile.  The Northern Kingdom had long departed from following the law of God and their disintegration as a nation was the consequence.  Isaiah writes to prepare the remaining Jews for their upcoming captivity due to their similar rebellion, but he also speaks of their future deliverance.
-
He goes back to the basics in the few verses above and reminds them that they, also, must go back to the basics in their own walk.  Just as Genesis records the beginning of Creation, each of us needs to go back and remember our beginning.  Just as the world did not appear of its own strength, so we were not born on our own.  The One who designed all we see and know and then built it also designed and formed us.  He was there before and will also be there after Creation has run its course.  And He knew of us long before our birth and will receive us to be with Him in the place beyond time's limit.
-
Because all of this is true we also should "Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, whom I have called!" 
-
Now is the time to hear the voice of instruction.  All will hear the voice of judgement eventually.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment