Friday, May 18, 2018

Fw: a taste of Heaven

Hebrews 6:5 "and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come"
-
Sometimes just a phrase in scripture captivates you.  The larger context of this quote from the book of Hebrews is discussing the need to grow to maturity once we have been born again by faith.  But, thinking back to my experience of "faith awakening", this phrase captures exactly what I experienced.  As Bible verses were shared with me I realized I was being fed in a deeper place than my stomach...fed with sweet truths.  Even the 'bad news' that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", from Romans 3:23 and "the wages of sin is death" from Romans 6:23 provided a foundation that I knew was true...and the second half of Romans 6:23 "but the free gift of God is eternal life" then brought a sweet taste.  And the power of Heaven shook me to the core when this verse was read: 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all".
-
I felt the powers of the age to come stirring me to respond to my personal sin...to run from the consequence of death and embrace the one who had taken my place on the Cross.  
-
I realized that this was a ransom I had to personally claim for it to apply to my life.
-
And then I was reassured by John 1:12 " But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;"
-
I hope that you, too, have tasted the goodness of the word of God the powers of the age to come!
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment