Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Fw: the suffering savior

Psalm 22 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
-
(fulfilled) Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
-
Psalm 22, written about 1000 years before the time of Christ, by David, seems a clear foretelling of Jesus' suffering on the Cross for you and me.  The words and the picture painted by them is too similar to be a coincidence.  Here are a few other passages from the psalm with their fulfillment from the gospels:
-
"He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him;
    let him rescue him, for he delights in him!"

-
(fulfilled) Matthew 27:42 "He saved others; he cannot save himself. He is the King of Israel; let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. 43 He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he desires him. For he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"
-
Psalm 22:
16 For dogs encompass me;
    a company of evildoers encircles me;
they have pierced my hands and feet

18 they divide my garments among them,
    and for my clothing they cast lots.

-
(fulfilled) Mark 15: 24 And they crucified him and divided his garments among them, casting lots for them, to decide what each should take.
-
Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth shall remember
    and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
    shall worship before you.
28 For kingship belongs to the Lord,
    and he rules over the nations.
-
Has this been fulfilled yet in your life?  Have you recognized the One who suffered on the Cross for you.  He saw the coming suffering long before He experienced it and He sees you also.  Now is the time to accept His sacrifice on your behalf that you might join with the "families of the nations" who worship before him.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith
-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment