Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Fw: tendency to stray

Psalm 7:

if I have repaid my friend with evil
    or plundered my enemy without cause,
let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it,
    and let him trample my life to the ground
    and lay my glory in the dust.
Arise, O Lord, in your anger;
    lift yourself up against the fury of my enemies;
    awake for me; you have appointed a judgment.

-
We are all made of the same human substance and our tendency is not to "fly right" or run straight.  Our natural tendency is to swerve from the path that is true.  At some point we are likely to infringe on another and at other times they will tread over us.  We need the divine intervention of a God who loves us too much to let us continue to stray.  And the heart of the issue isn't that we would simply have personal success or freedom from troubles.  The heart of the issue is that we would make Him the center and not ourselves:
-
Let the assembly of the peoples be gathered about you;
    over it return on high.

-
Truly we all need a 'shepherd of the soul' that we would bow before His care.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."



No comments:

Post a Comment