Friday, February 21, 2020

no business like snow business

Psalm 147:16
He gives snow like wool;
    he scatters frost like ashes.
-
I love snow.  Having grown up in a more northern latitude I have many great memories of snow times.  Snow transforms the world.  Snow is the icing on earth's cake.  Snow makes a playground where there was a yard.  Snow brings children outside and makes grownups smile.  'Snow days' meant school was closed (Oh joy...).
-
Of course, I didn't have to drive through snow and slush very much,since my adulthood has largely been in Virginia!
-
Snow is a heavenly gift from God.  It is a perfectly white covering that reminds of the perfect covering of Christ for our sins.  And that is truly transformative.  The covering of Christ sets us free, not only to play but to sing a new song of joy.
-
Isaiah 55:
10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
-
Enjoy your snow day and consider the perfect covering of the Savior.
-
Isaiah 1:
18 "Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
    they shall become like wool.
-
chilly blessings,
Rob Smith
-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment